T-bone accidents that involve a big rig or another type of commercial vehicle often are deadly. Besides causing significant damage to vehicles, its victims can be severely injured or counted among the year’s traffic accident fatalities. A case that involves an accident with a big rig can be a challenge, and this is why you need an experienced lawyer’s help to obtain the compensation you deserve and need to pay for your injuries or loss. Truck accidents can be complicated, and enlisting the help of experienced legal counsel can help.
T-Bone Truck Accident Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles
Having an experienced truck crash lawyer by your side is important when you or a loved one has been injured in a T-bone accident. David Azizi knows the suffering and pain you are experiencing as the medical bills continue to mount. His clients appreciate his compassion, legal acumen and dedication. If a negligent driver or government entity caused your injury, call David at (800) 991-5292 to schedule your no-obligation, free case review.
He can answer your questions, tell you whether you have a case, what your options are to pursue financial compensation and even give you a rough estimate of how much you might recover. The legal ranking firm, Super Lawyers, calls David one of the top personal injury lawyers in the Los Angeles area. Call today before evidence is covered up or disappears.
T-Bone Accidents Are Usually Severe
Whether a passenger vehicle is struck in the side by a big rig or the large truck is hit by a smaller vehicle, the damage can be severe even at low speeds. On a highway, it can be disastrous. When the smaller vehicle is hit, many of the newer ones are equipped with side airbags, but the structure of the sides of a passenger car are weaker than the front and back ends, so even the addition of airbags may not help much.
When a passenger vehicle strikes the side of a big rig, no underride protection is present, which means the smaller car may pass underneath, shearing off the roof and severely harming or killing its occupants. According to data by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, side collision accidents where the passenger vehicle goes under the side of a tractor-trailer result in a considerably higher loss of life than if the smaller vehicle struck the rear of a trailer.
Intersections and T-Bone Accidents
Most T-bone accidents typically occur in intersections when a large truck is making a left turn as another motorist is going through that intersection. However, side collision accidents can also occur when a motorist is exiting or entering a parking lot, driveway or entering or exiting a highway ramp.
Because big rigs deliver goods all over the state from food to furniture, office supplies and appliances, they are often pulling in and out making their deliveries. Since they are professional drivers, they are expected to obey the rules of the road and have to answer to a higher standard than other motorists. Because big rigs are regulated by both the state and the federal government, they have an extensive list of areas in which they must be in compliance such as:
- Performing an inspection before a trip, which includes the engine, brakes and tires.
- Performing an inspection of the load before leaving and while on the road.
- Ensuring proper maintenance.
- Complying with regulations on the hours driven, rest breaks and the hiatus before taking out another load.
- Not drinking alcohol or consuming drugs before or during the trip.
- Avoiding distracted driving.
- Obeying traffic laws such as speed limits.
- Avoiding the falsification of records.
- Avoiding illegal maneuvers at intersections such as running through left-turn arrows that are red or jumping left-turn arrows that are yellow.
Recoverable Damages in T-Bone Accidents
If you were T-boned by a big rig, you probably have suffered serious injuries. When seeking damages, it is important that your claim is accurate. Some of the areas in which you can recover damages include:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, medical tests, rehabilitation, prescriptions and even trips to and from the doctor. If your injury is expected to persist into the future, those medical costs are recoverable.
- Damage to your vehicle that isn’t covered by auto insurance.
- Home health care if it is necessary. This includes items that may be necessary to help you recover at home, including ramps, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
- Lost wages because you couldn’t go to work are recoverable. This amount includes any bonuses or other monies you would normally have received. If you are unable to return to work or end up with a diminished earning potential, that is recoverable.
- Non-economic damages are recoverable. These can include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of former activities, humiliation, loss of consortium and others. Some victims of traumatic accidents end up suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. This can arise with symptoms such as nightmares, sleeplessness, severe anxiety, flashbacks and fear of going out of the house or riding in a vehicle. An individual who is seeking damages for PTSD must be under the care of a health professional who treats this disorder in order to place a claim in this category.
Free Case Review with a Los Angeles T-Bone Accident Truck Law Firm
David Azizi has an impressive record in the legal profession because he has won 98 percent of his cases. Because of his determination, dedication and knowledge of the law, he assists his clients in obtaining the compensation they deserve and need. Although the injury victim still faces recovery and possible treatment with its associated pain, at least they have no worries about the financial loss and can face the future with a certain peace of mind.
If you or a loved one was injured by another’s negligence, call David at (800) 991-5292 at any time, any day of the week to schedule your free case review or message him using the online form. If you are housebound or in the hospital, David will come to you.